J&C Tropicals, a well-established and growing national tropical produce distributor is looking for a Junior Produce Buyer who will be responsible for assisting Category Managers on the sourcing/buying of key products within an assigned Category or multiple Categories. These key products may be local or international. The Junior Produce Buyer will be part of a team tasked with sourcing high quality product at minimal costs, while following the directive of the Director of Procurement and in line with the Procurement division strategy. The Junior Produce Buyer will report directly to the Director of Procurement.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
include the following and additional duties may be assigned.
- Assist Category Manager within an assigned Category or multiple Categories
- Visit vendors with Category Manager to identify, develop and maintain grower relationships that meet J&C's standards.
- Assist Category Manager developing product strategies, identifying trends, & implementing new technologies to grow the category.
- Assist Category Manager developing new tools and techniques to ensure maximum sales and profits within the category
- Assist Category Manager preparing budgets and forecasts
- Update Sales Portal on a weekly basis.
- Create weekly Reports: Negative Sales Report, Budget and Budget vs Actual.
- Assist the Sales and Procurement team through analysis.
- Facilitate and accelerate the flow of information between the departments of procurement and sales, helping to bridge the communication gap between the sourcing and the selling of product.
- Implement more concise reporting and improve the interpretation of the data being presented to the executive management team
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education, Licenses and/or Experience:
- Undergraduate student who is majoring in Agriculture or Business preferred
- Basic Knowledge of agriculture practices preferred
Skills and Personal Attributes
- Proven people and communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office, MS Excel a plus.
- Open minded, innovative and forward thinking
- Excellent communication skills at all levels to include written, verbal and presentation skills in both English and Spanish
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the job incumbent. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, and behaviors required to perform the job.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.