J&C Tropicals, a well-established and growing national tropical produce distributor is looking for a Receiving Clerk who is responsible for receiving Produce and non produce material. The Receiving Clerk is responsible for the quality and proper staging of inventory on the coolers, receiving of merchandise, cooler temperature and cleaning. Also part of the activities of the inventory count program, including investigating of inventory .
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Education, Licenses and/or Experience:
- GED or high school diploma.
- Forklift Driver License .
- 3-5 years of experience. Knowledge of receiving, warehouse, produce operations, and quality control practices in a produce environment.
- Any equivalent combination or experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Energetic and excited about our core values, mission and vision.
- Computer skills, i.e., Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc. – Intermediate level. ERP/WMS proficient.
- Highly organized and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to problem solve, organized and multi-task.
- Goal orientated tasking.
- Collaborative, team-oriented style.
- Good interpersonal and communications skills.
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing marketplace.
- Fluent in both English and Spanish is a plus (read/write/translate).
Skills and Personal Attributes:
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the job incumbent. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, and behaviors required to perform the job.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.