Coconut FlanDecember 3, 2020
Roasted Pumpkin SoupOctober 22, 2020
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 50 minutes
Servings: 2 dozen
1 pound of yuca, fresh or uncooked frozen
1 pound of boniato
1 tsp of ground anise
1 tsp salt
½ cup flour
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup canola oil
1/2 gallon water
2 cups water
1 cup sugar
¼ cup whole star anise, whole
2 cinnamon sticks
2 lime rinds
- Bring water in a deep pot to boil.
- Peel the yuca and boniato and cook in boiling water until softened. Make sure they do not fall apart.
- Drain and once cooled, add to a bowl to mash up using masher or your bare hands.
- Beat the egg and add anise, salt and flour to the bowl. Mix well until mixture not sticky and becomes a nice dough.
- Place dough on wax paper. Take half a palmful amount of dough, roll into a 6″ long link. Shape into 4″ high loops.
- Using a deep fryer or non-stick pot, heat oil on high or 350 °F.
- Place dough to fry until golden brown and slightly crispy. .
- Transfer onto serving plate lined with napkins to absorb oil!
- Pour syrup over Cuban doughnuts to enjoy.!
- In medium saucepan, bring water and sugar to low boil. Stir constantly.
- Add star anise, cinnamon sticks, and lime.
- Stir until mixture is reduced to a honey-like consistency.!
- Pour immediately over buñuelos once ready to serve.!