Accounts Receivable/Collections Associate
J&C Tropicals, a well-established and growing national tropical produce distributor is looking for a Collections Associate who is responsible for providing financial and administrative support in order to ensure accurate and timely collections of customer accounts receivable that will maximize Company’s cash flow.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSABILITIES include the following: (Others duties may be assigned)
- Review A/R aging to determine customers requiring collection calls and emails on a daily basis.
- Responsible for making collection calls, negotiating payments and resolving A/R payment problems in a fast-paced goal-oriented collections department.
- Provide customer service regarding collection issues, process customer refunds, process and review account adjustments, resolve client discrepancies and short payments.
- Responsible for monitoring and maintaining assigned accounts- Customer calls, account adjustments, small balance write off, customer reconciliations and processing credit memos.
- Assist AR Manager in making decisions on customers that need to be put on credit hold.
- Review all customer credit limits and identify to AR Manager group for possible collection calls.
- Accountable for reducing delinquency for assigned accounts.
- Process requests for credit including obtaining credit references for potential credit customers.
- Audit EDI Customers and Wholesale Customers Website – search for past due invoices and get payment status and pending invoices to be processed.
- Perform other assigned tasks and duties necessary to support the Accounts Receivable Department.
- Enlist the efforts of sales and senior management when necessary to accelerate the collection process.
- Must communicate & follow up effectively with sales department regarding customer accounts on a timely basis.
- Establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with customers, distributors and sales Department.
- POD scanning and audit.
- Handle cash sale (cash register, billing and balancing).
- Process credit card payments transactions.
- Posts customer payments by recording checks, electronic payments, cash, and credit card transactions.
- Follow up and allocation of payments.
- Carry out billing and reporting activities per specific deadlines.
- Maintain accounts receivable customer files.
- Follow established procedures for processing receipts, cash etc.
This position has no supervisory duties
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each job specification satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education, Licenses and/or Experience
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
- College level accounting classes or solid bookkeeping training.
- 1-3 years of accounts receivable, billing and general accounting experience.
- Any equivalent combination or experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Skills and Personal Attributes
- Excellent organizational and time management skill.
- High levels of strategic and creative thinking.
- Goal orientated tasking.
- Collaborative, team-oriented style.
- Professional demeanor.
- Good interpersonal and communications skill.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Proficient in QuickBooks and Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word and Outlook
- Good mathematical background.
- Experience with spreadsheets and automated accounting systems.
- Ability to sort, check, count, and verify numbers.
- Knowledge of accounts receivable.
- Knowledge of general bookkeeping procedures.
- Energetic and excited about our core values, mission and vision.
- Detail oriented.
- Fluent in both English and Spanish is a plus (read/write/translate).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the job incumbent. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, and behaviors required to perform the job.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.