J&C Tropicals, a well-established and growing national tropical produce distributor is looking for an Accounts Payable Clerk who is responsible for providing financial and administrative support to ensure effective, efficient and accurate financial and administrative operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSABILITIES include the following: (Others duties may be assigned)
- Receive and verify invoices and requisitions for goods and services.
- Verify that transactions comply with financial policies and procedures.
- Prepare batches of invoices for data entry.
- Maintain filing systems.
- Enter vouchers and invoices expense payables as well as produce purchases.
- Process backup reports after data entry.
- Code transactions to appropriate accounts.
- Sort, review and match invoices and check requests.
- Set invoices up for payment.
- Process check requests.
- Resolve invoice discrepancies.
- Correspond with vendors and respond to inquiries.
- Produce monthly reports.
- Process Liquidations.
- Prepare vendor checks for mailing.
- Prepare manual checks as and when required.
- Maintain listing of accounts payable.
- Analyze and maintain updated vendor accounts and files.
- Process bank reconciliations.
- Process check deposits as needed.
This position has no supervisory duties
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each job specification satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Associates degree in Accounting preferred
- 5+ years of accounts payable and general accounting experience.
- Any equivalent combination or experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Skills and Personal Attributes
- Energetic and excited about our core values, mission and vision.
- Computer skills, i.e., Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Quick Books, etc. – Intermediate level.
- Highly organized and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to problem solve, organized and multi-task.
- Goal orientated tasking.
- Collaborative, team-oriented style.
- Good interpersonal and communications skills.
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing marketplace.
- Fluent in both English and Spanish.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the job incumbent. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, and behaviors required to perform the job.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.