Customer Services/Account Manager Assistant
J&C Tropicals, a well-established and growing national tropical produce distributor is searching for a Customer Services/ Account Manager Assistant to focus on the management and development of existing and new accounts. The Customer Services/Account Manager Assistant performs a variety of clerical and administrative activities to support the Account Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following: (Other duties may be assigned)
- Ensure excellent customer service
- Build strong relationships with customers
- Proactively communicate customer feedback to other team members especially the procurement team
- Actively participate in sales, pricing and related meetings
- Price products according to company policies and market conditions
- Understand and follow order entry processes
- Proactively manage product returns and credits in order to increase profitability
- Interact with other departments including procurement, transportation and shipping in order to ensure timely delivery of high-quality product
- Analyze sales results data in order to maximize opportunities and troubleshoot problem areas
- Prepare monthly/quarterly/annual sales forecast
- Monitor all partner systems/sites for changes to purchase orders, trouble notification, etc.
Electronic Data Interchange (EDI)/Trading Partner Order Processing
- Receive/Accept Purchase Orders
- Communicate order details with Account Executives
- Sales order entry procedure. Use of discretion and judgment on setting prices and allocation of products to clients.
- Work with Procurement Department to secure any short, or unavailable items when possible; inform client.
- Reconcile orders in Famous vs. items physically loaded and shipped on trucks;
- Enter Driver’s Information into partner site;
- Update partner sites with any shipping changes;
- Verify AR amounts in both systems
- Reconcile any discrepancies in AR amounts. Short-shipped, overage, rejections are the most common causes.
Problem Solving & Clerical
- Follow up and resolve discrepancies which arise upon receipt of payment or that otherwise require further support
- Record keeping
- Resolve issues with payment of AR and update files as necessary
- Coordinate and schedule with trucking companies, internal J&C Transportation manager if necessary
- Inputs negotiated rate charges on orders (outbound) or PO (inbound).
- Prints invoices from the Domestic Freight Inbox.
- Audits each carrier invoice before processing for payment, make sure they match
- Audited invoices for payment must be logged and given to Accounts Payable.
- Updates SO and PO on freight charges for rejections.
- Scans all PODs into the POD folder.
- Scans all PO’s into the PO folder.
- Prepare forecast(s) for upcoming orders, compare variances, analyze results; mainly in MS Excel
- Send proper loading documents, to certain customers which require this;
- Process “Direct Loads” for customers in Famous;
This position has no supervisory duties
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- College degree preferred or any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- 3-5 years previous job experience with customer service or sales support experience.
- Produce industry experience preferred, but not necessary
- Strong retailer and wholesaler relationship base preferred
- Strong level of experience in the use of customer relationship management systems
Skills and Personal Attributes
- Resourceful, well organized, highly dependable, efficient and detail oriented and time management skills
- High levels of strategic and creative thinking
- Goal orientated tasking
- Collaborative, team-oriented style
- Good interpersonal and communications skills
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing marketplace
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Merchandising knowledge
- Excellent telephone skills and computer knowledge with proficiency in database management and word processing.
- Demonstrated proficiency composing written communications.
- High energy level, comfortable performing multifaceted projects in conjunction with day to day activities.
- Bi-Lingual (Spanish/English) speaking is a must
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each job responsibility satisfactorily. Although no job profile can adequately detail the full scope of duties necessary, the requirements listed above are a representation of the levels of knowledge, skill, ability and/or behavior required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform these activities.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the job incumbent. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, and behaviors required to perform the job.