Packing House Clerk
J&C Tropicals, a well-established and growing national tropical produce distributor is looking for a Packing house Clerk who coordinates and priorities the flow of orders and product in a timely manner of all customer orders in the packing Dept. Assures that all packing orders are accurate and complete under the specifications given. Communicates constantly with the Packing House Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSABILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Plan Production schedule and coordinates with Packing House Manager and Repack crew.
- Ensure quality and technical guidelines when preparing orders or doing quality repacks.
- Informs Packing House Manager of any quality problems or shortage with the products been Repack to ensure compliance with client specifications and fullfilment of orders.
- Ensures availability of packaging materials the day before.
- Prioritize orders to be prepared.
- Keep constant communication with the Packing House Manager to maximize product flow efficiency
- Coordinates packing of seasonal field products.
- Report Monthly inventory of PLU stickers.
- Follows Food Safety Policy.
- Maintain packing area including exterior clean and in order.
- Ensure Packing House employees follow proper safety guidelines.
- Organize and coordinate Repack Crew workflow.
- Ensures report accuracy of the amount of boxes returned to the coolers and in orders.
- Coordinate and request daily raw material needed in the packing department.
- Performs inventory, follows company procedures and quality standards
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each job specification satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform these activities.
Skills and Personal Attributes
- Energetic and excited about our core values, mission and vision.
- Computer skills, i.e., Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc. – Intermediate level. ERP/WMS proficient.
- Highly organized and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to problem solve, organized and multi-task
- Goal orientated tasking
- Collaborative, team-oriented style
- Good interpersonal and communications skills
Any equivalent combination or experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
1 to 3 years of produce or field experience.
- Bi-lingual(Spanish/English) speaking a must
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the job incumbent. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, and behaviors required to perform the job.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.