Crispy Tostones (FRIED GREEN PLANTAINS)November 19, 2020
BuñuelosDecember 4, 2020
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour 40 minutes
Yield: 8 to 10 servings
1 cup of caramel sauce
3 (14 oz) cans of sweetened condensed milk
14 oz can of unsweetened coconut milk
12 oz can evaporated milk
6 large eggs
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup shredded coconut, toasted
- Preheat your oven to 350 °F.
- Spray a Bundt cake or tube pan with vegetable oil cooking spray.
- Drizzle caramel sauce onto the prepared pan and be sure to coat the bottom and sides. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the milks, eggs, vanilla extract, and salt with a mixer. Pour into the pan.
- Place your pan inside a larger roasting pan and fill the roasting pan with water about halfway. Cover the Bundt pan with aluminum foil and place into the center rack of the oven.
- Bake your flan for about one hour and 40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 30 minutes. After this, keep it covered and refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight if possible.
- Carefully turn the flan upside down to set onto a platter. Top with toasted coconut and you’re ready to enjoy!