Dragon Fruit MojitoJanuary 28, 2021
Taro Cake with J&C Eddoes (Chinese Wu Tao Gou)February 11, 2021
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 60 minutes
Total time: 75 minutes
Servings: 8 servings
6 cloves of peeled garlic
2 Tbps olive oil
2 lbs malanga
4 cups chicken broth
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
½ cup half-and-half
- Preheat your oven to 375 °F.
- In an oven-safe bowl, combine garlic and olive oil. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until garlic has softened. Set aside.
- Peel and cut malanga into large chunks. You can also substitute this with other tropical starches from our collection, such as eddoes or yuca.
- In a soup pot over medium-high heat, combine cut malanga, chicken broth, salt, and pepper and bring to a boil.
- Once boiled, reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for about 35 to 40 minutes or until the malanga is tender!
- In a food processor or blender, puree one cup at a time of the malanga and broth mixture with the roasted garlic and olive oil until smooth.
- Slowly add half-and-half and stir until well-combined.
- Serve with additional olive oil swirled on top and garnish, if desired.