Pumpkin Ginger MuffinsOctober 21, 2020
Crispy Tostones (FRIED GREEN PLANTAINS)November 19, 2020
2 cups of pumpkin purée from a Fairytale pumpkin
1 ½ cups heavy cream or one 12 oz. can of evaporated milk
½ cup packed dark brown sugar
1/3 cup white sugar
½ teaspoon salt
2 eggs + the yolk of a third egg, at room temperature
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger
¼ tsp ground nutmeg
¼ tsp ground cloves
½ tsp of lemon zest
Premade pie crust
Whipped cream, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 425 °F.
- Mix the sugars, salt, and spices, and lemon zest in a large mixing bowl.
- Beat the eggs and add to the mixing bowl.
- Stir in the fairytale pumpkin purée, then heavy cream or evaporated milk.
- Whisk all together until well incorporated.
- Pour into a pie shell and bake at 425 °F for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, reduce the temperature to 350 °F.
- Bake 40-50 minutes, or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack for 2 hours. Serve immediately or let sit overnight in the refrigerator to serve the next day.