Boniato MashMarch 15, 2021
For the Crust
9 graham crackers
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
4 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
For the Cheesecake Layer
4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
1/3 cup sugar
Pinch of salt
1 large egg
For the Passion Fruit Layer
1 can sweetened condensed milk
4 large egg yolks
1/2 cup passion fruit puree
Pinch of salt
Sweetened whipped cream, for serving
To make the crust: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place graham crackers in the bowl of a food processor; process until coarsely ground; add sugar and continue pulsing until finely ground. Add melted butter and pulse until mixture comes together.
- Press graham cracker mixture into the bottom and up the sides of a round fluted tart pan with a removable bottom. Transfer to oven and bake until crust is lightly golden and fragrant about 12 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Make the cheesecake: In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whisk together cream cheese, sugar, and salt on medium-high until light and fluffy. Add egg and whisk to combine. Pour into the cooled tart shell and transfer to oven; bake until just set, about 15 minutes. Let cool.
- Make the passion fruit layer with J&C fresh passion fruit: Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees. In a medium bowl, whisk together condensed milk, egg yolks, passion fruit puree, and salt; pour over cooled cheesecake layer. Transfer to oven and bake until set but center still has a slight jiggle, 18 to 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Transfer tart to the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving.