- 12 shrimp 16/20
- 1 cup papaya
- 1 cup mango
- 1 thumb-sized ginger
- 1 thumb-sized turmeric
- 1 small bunch of cilantro
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 3 Tbsp. oil
- Cut the mango and papaya into cubes.
- In a blender, mix the ginger, turmeric, cilantro, garlic, chili powder, salt, pepper, and 1 Tbsp of mango. Reserve ¼ cup of the mix for later.
- In a bowl, peel the shrimp and marinate it with the remaining mix and let it rest for at least 2 hours.
- Put the bamboo skewers in water to avoid any splinters.
- Prepare the skewers with 3 shrimps, 3 pieces of mango, and 3 pieces of papaya each.
- In hot olive oil, sauté the skewers, turning them every 30 seconds until they are crispy on the outside.
- Serve and garnish with previously reserved sauce.
For another version of this recipe, discard the bamboo skewers, and serve with white jasmine rice in a bowl.