BuñuelosDecember 4, 2020
Chayote Stuffing with SausageNovember 10, 2020
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
2½ lbs pumpkin halved and seeded
4-5 garlic cloves, unpeeled
Avocado oil spray
1 sweet onion, peeled and diced
2 large carrots, peeled and chopped
2 celery stalks, chopped
1 Tbsp smoked paprika
1 Tbsp olive oil
Kosher salt and pepper, to taste
3 cups homemade or store-bought low-sodium veggie broth
Fresh chopped herbs
- Preheat the oven to 400 °F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Peel and cut the pumpkin into 2-inch pieces and place them into the prepared baking tray with the garlic cloves.
- Season with salt and pepper. Lightly spray with avocado oil to coat, then spread into a single layer.
- Place the tray on the middle rack of the oven and roast for about 30 minutes until the pumpkin pieces are fork tender.
- As the tray is in the oven, prep the remaining veggies. Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the sweet onion, carrots, celery and sauté for about 5-6 minutes until softened, stirring occasionally.
- Pour in the broth and bring to the boil, then continue to cook for a couple of minutes or so.
- Take the saucepan off the heat and puree with an immersion blender until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper to your taste and garnish with desired toppings.