Dragon Fruit & Rambutan Moscow MuleDecember 9, 2020
Spiked Fruit PunchDecember 17, 2020
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Servings: 2 to 4
1-2 yuca roots
2 Tbsp coconut oil or olive oil
¼ tsp salt10 mint leaves + more for garnish
Pepper to taste
- Over high heat on the stove, boil about 8 cups of water with a pinch of salt.
- Preheat your oven to 425 °F.
- As the water boils, cut off the ends of yuca and peel off the thick layer of brown skin.
- Cut the yuca in half before slicing it into 1/2 inch thick “fries.”
- Place the yuca fries in the water as it begins to boil. Allow to cook for about 10 to 15 minutes, or until just tender.
- Drain the fries and pat dry with paper towels. Toss the fries with oil and salt.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and arrange the yuca in a single layer with enough space in between. Use a second baking sheet if necessary.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes and turn over the fries during the middle of the cooking time.
- When the fries are golden brown and crispy, they are ready to go.
- Sprinkle with pepper fresh and serve right away. Pair with your favorite dip for added flavor!