J&C Tropicals, a well-established and growing national tropical produce distributor is searching for an Account Representative to focus on managing retail business accounts. The Account Representative performs a variety of clerical and administrative activities to support the retail sales team. Their main responsibility is for ensuring the smooth flow of business and communication with J&C Tropicals customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSABILITIES include the following: (Others duties may be assigned)
- Assist Sales Representatives with retail accounts to build customer confidence with J&C Tropicals.
- Supportive to all departments in resolving any issues.
- Participate in related meetings.
- Handling and maintaining documents, notes, and information.
- Provide exceptional customer service to retail business accounts.
- Manage and build a strong relationship with customers.
- Proactively and professionally provide communication to customers in a timely manner such as product information, order details, status, and informative information.
- Understand and follow standard operating procedures for ordering.
- Receive Purchase Orders through multiple inbound systems such as EDI, email, fax, and phone.
- Communicate order details with Sales Representative.
- Ensure orders are entered correctly.
- Work alongside Procurement to secure product.
- Work alongside internal departments to ensure orders are processed and fulfilled.
- Understand and follow standard operating procedures for shipping notifications such Advance Shipping Notification, passing, email, and fax.
- Reconcile orders in ERP software to proprietary or third-party software.
- Coordinate and schedule with logistic department and provide customer with delivery status.
- Understand and follow standard operating procedures for invoicing such as EDI, email, and mail.
- Proactively manage product returns and relocation.
- Reconcile any discrepancies in total invoicing on short-shipped, overage and rejections.
- Follow up and resolve discrepancies which arise upon receipt of payment.
- Follow up with receipt of payments.
- Submission of Returns and Claims.
This position has no supervisory duties
Education, Licenses and/or Experience
- College degree a plus but not required. High School Diploma or GED is required. Experience and/or Education comparable to the knowledge, skills and abilities that are required.
- 2+ years previous job experience with strong customer service, sales/administrative support.
- Experience in Industries such as Retail, Food, Logistic and Hospitality but not necessary.
- Strong experience in utilizing technology such as Office applications (Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint) Adobe Editor/Reader, Web-enabled applications, and ERP software.
- EDI application, database applications, Famous ERP experience a plus. Not required.
- Experience in remote working on-the-go on a mobile device such as laptop, tablet, or phone.
Skills and Personal Attributes
- Excellent computer knowledge with proficiency in technology.
- Professional verbal and excellent written communication skills.
- Resourceful, well organized, highly dependable, problem-solving and customer skills.
- Efficient, detail oriented and time management skills.
- Good interpersonal and communications skills.
- Collaborative, team-oriented style with ability to seek out assistance and solutions.
- Willingness to learn and adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to multi-task and perform different assignments in conjunction with day-to-day activities.
- Must be available during office and shipping hours, and some hours of weekend and holidays.
- Fluent in both English and Spanish is a plus (read/write/translate).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the job incumbent. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, and behaviors required to perform the job.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.