J&C Tropicals, a well-established and growing national tropical produce distributor is looking for an Order Picker who is responsible for receiving, storing and processing produce for shipping. The OP completes all required documentation, insures accurate counts, accurate inventory and appropriate storage of all products. Coordinates efforts with fellow Order Pickers, Shift Supervisor, Shipping Coordinator and Order Checker to insure timely and accurate completion of all tasks. Performs inventory counts, facility cleaning, order picking, truck loading, equipment and process training as instructed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSABILITIES include the following: (Others duties may be assigned)
- Performs physical inventory counts as instructed. Ensures cooler cleanliness and organization throughout the day.
- Receives instructions on inventory rotation, produce locations and order specifics from shift supervisor and/or Inventory Control Manager
- Performs equipment inspection at the beginning of the shift, report any potential issues or damages to supervisor immediately.
- Picks product as instructed on the Pick ticket, ensuring accuracy and efficiency. Identifies proper PO#, Tag ID# and pick correct number of units as specified on the Pick Ticket.
- Reports immediately to the Inventory Control Manager and Shift Supervisor of any discrepancies or product quality issue.
- Stages order in designated area as instructed if necessary, stacking product in such a way that it could be verified by checker and will guarantee and integrity of the load and safety of the product.
- Informs Inventory control Manager or shift supervisor of any accident, equipment failure, unsafe working conditions or unsafe acts.
- Before loading, it must perform physical inspection of pick up carrier equipment; making sure it meets all safety and sanitation guidelines. Reports any potential issues to the shift supervisor immediately.
- During loading it must verify correct merchandise is loaded into the right truck.
- Keep constant communication with shift supervisor and inventory control manager for any additional work instructions.
This position has no supervisory duties
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each job specification satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- GED or high school diploma
- Minimum of 1 year on fast paced distribution facility or similar. Produce experience is a must.
- Any equivalent combination or experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Skills and Personal Attributes
- Energetic and excited about our core values, mission and vision.
- Computer skills, i.e., Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc. – Intermediate level. ERP/WMS proficient.
- Highly organized and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to problem solve, organized and multi-task
- Goal orientated tasking
- Collaborative, team-oriented style
- Good interpersonal and communications skills
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing marketplace
- Fluent in both English and Spanish.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the job incumbent. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, and behaviors required to perform the job.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.