Boiled Yuca with Mojo
This is how you cook yuca on the stove top! Yuca is a carb-o-licious versatile root vegetable used in all sorts of comfort food recipes worldwide.
• 4 yucas
• 1 garlic
• 1 white onion
1. Peel yuca skin and cut into medium wedges.
2. Place into large pot and add water until completely covered.
3. Bring to boil and add salt. Set aside for 20 minutes or until yucca is soft.
1. In oil, sauté minced garlic and onions (optional: leave onions raw).
2. Add salt to taste, and mix well.
3. To serve, place soft yuca on a plate and garnish with the mojo on top and enjoy!
Add some citrics to the mojo! Orange or lime juice will kick the flavor up a notch.
Enjoy the taste of homegrown! If you tried this recipe, let us know
by sharing a photo or video of your finished product on Instagram
or Facebook and tagging us @JCTropicals.