Chayote Stuffing with Sausage
Get stuffed with this savory take on a traditional side dish! Chayote, herbs, and savory ingredients add a fresh rendition to your Thanksgiving meal. Perfect for sharing around the table during seasonal months.
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion
- 1 celery stick
- 1 chayote
- 4 ground pork sausages
- 1 oz. sage
- 1 oz. thyme
- 1 oz. tarragon
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 12 oz fried stuffing
- Black pepper
- Sea salt
- Parmesan cheese
- Heat olive oil and butter on medium high a nonstick pan.
- Sauté red onion.
- Add celery and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add chayote in small cubes.
- Add ground pork removed from the sausage casting.
- Cook on high heat until brown.
- Add herbs, then stuffing mix.
- Transfer to a deep dish.
- Top with parmesan cheese and it’s ready to serve.
A Fresh Take on a Classic Side Dish
Follow our step-by-step video to learn how to make this tropical-inspired recipe yourself.