Calabaza and Malanga Skewers with Papaya and Chayote Salsa
These skewers can be a side dish or a meal themselves. Great for finishing in the oven, pan or grill.
12 oz. calabaza
1 pc malanga
4 Tbsp. olive oil
1/2 Tbsp. salt
1/2 tsp pepper
6 (6”) skewers
1/8 pc papaya
1 pc chayote
1 pc lemon
1) Pre-heat oven to 400F.
2) Peel and cut the malanga and calabaza in 1-inch cubes.
3) Coat the tropicals with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
4) Cook in the oven for 25 minutes (until tender inside).
5) Let it cool down to warm and make your skewers putting 3 pcs of each tropical one at a time.
6) Peel and cut chayote and papaya to very small cubes. Drizzle with lemon juice and season with salt.
7) Before serving, reheat the skewers in the oven at 350F for 5 minutes.