3 pcs chayote
1 pc Turmeric
1 pc empanada dough
2 white onions
2 Tbsp. butter
1/2 lb. mozzarella or Jack cheese
4 oz. heavy cream
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1) Preheat oven to 350°F.
2) Place the dough in a mold and keep in the freezer until needed.
3) Peel and chop onions and chayote in small cubes.
4) Peel and chop the turmeric very small.
5) In a pot, melt the butter at medium temperature.
6) Add the chayote, turmeric and onion and cook for 12-15 minutes moving with a wooden spatula every 30 seconds.
7) In a bowl, beat the eggs and add the cheese, cream, salt and pepper and mix.
8) Add the cooked chayote and onions to the bowl.
9)Pour the mix into the dough.
10) Bake at 350°F. until eggs are done inside and browned and enjoy!