Dragon Fruit and Guava Relish
If you’re lucky enough, you’ll find this relish at the end of the rainbow. Perfect dish to accompany your meal and your green beer.
1 pc dragon fruit
1 pc white guava
1 pc chayote
1-inch pc turmeric
1/4 cup pickling or Kosher salt
1 pc cucumber
1 cup sugar
1 cup vinegar
1 tsp green food colorant
1) Peel and cut the dragon fruit, guava, chayote and cucumber in very small cubes (Brunoise).
2) Combine the fruits with salt and set aside for 2-3 hours to remove as much moisture as possible.
3) With a fine colander or mesh sleeve, drain the cucumber, dragon fruit and guava.
4) In a pot, combine the vinegar, sugar, turmeric and bring to a boil.
5) Reduce fire; add the dragon fruit, guava and cucumber mix.
6) Bring to a boil, then reduce fire to a minimum and cook for 5-7 minutes.
7) Drain the mix and discard the water.
8) Add the food colorant and mix it.