Red Dragon Fruit Waffles
This colorful and tropical waffle recipe will batter you away. You won’t even want to throw the first one away with the benefits and sweetness this recipe delivers. Breakfast can now be fun and healthy
- 1 cup red dragon fruit
- 1 cup organic waffle mix
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 2 tbsp. almond butter
- Peel the dragon fruit and mix in a blender at high speed with 1/4 cup of water.
- Whisk all the ingredients together, adding the oil at the end. Note that the recipe might vary depending on the waffle mix brand. In this case, just replace the amount of water in the recipe with the dragon fruit puree.
- When hot, cover the waffle maker with the spray, and fill it up to ¾ with the batter. Cook until ready.
- Spray waffle maker with nonstick spray and spread waffle mix
- Drizzle maple syrup and garnish with a scoop of red dragon fruit.
*To peel and cut the dragon fruit, cut the top and bottom part of the fruit and make a thin slice from the top to bottom, cutting only the skin. You can now peel it with your hands and cut the dragon fruit into cubes.
Go crazy and try a variety of toppings such as caramel, berries, marmalade, or cinnamon butter