- 3 tsp. unflavored gelatin powder
- 7 Tbsp. cold water
- 1/2 cup warm to hot water
- 3 mangos
- 3 Tbsp. orange juice
- 1 tsp honey
- 12 rambutans
- 1 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 2 Tbsp. agave
- 1 1/4 lime
Bloom the gelatin:
- While stirring warm water in a glass, add the gelatin slowly and reserve the mix. Divide in two parts. Before using, reheat for 30 seconds in the microwave.
- Peel and slice two and a half of the mangos, blend with the orange juice and honey in a blender.
- Heat the mango mixture in a pot until boiling, reduce the heat to the minimum, add half of the gelatin and stir.
- Remove from the fire and serve in cups filling half of each and reserve in the fridge.
- Peel and remove the seeds of the Rambutan. In a blender, blend the rambutans with the evaporated milk and agave.
- Heat the rambutan mixture at mid/high temperature until it reaches boiling point. Reduce to minimum heat and add the remaining half of the previously reheated gelatin.
- Make sure the mango portion of the dessert is already fridge cold and set in the glass before adding the rambutan on top.
- Garnish with the remaining mango by cutting into small cubes and top it off with lime zest.
*This recipe is a great one to use as a base and play around with mixing up the fruits. For example, switch the mango with passion fruit and the rambutan with dragon fruit.