Papaya Coconut and Macadamia Nut Cookies
Fruits and nuts are a healthy combination that may offer even more health benefits; you can eat them together to improve your nutrition. The combination of papaya, coconut and macadamia nuts together is delightful treat to have on a cold winter afternoon.
|1/2 Pc Papaya
1 Cup Macadamia Nuts
1 Pc Dry Coconut
1 Cup Unsalted Butter
3/4 Cup Sugar
1 Pc Lime
3 Cups All-Purpose Flour
1 Tsp Baking Powder
1/4 Tsp Salt
1) Pre-heat oven at 350 F.
2) Peel, scoop out the seeds and cut the papaya into small pieces, laying pieces on a paper towel to absorb liquid.
3) Juice one lime into a bowl and set aside.
4) In a bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, and salt.
5) In a handheld or stand mixer bowl cream (mix at medium speed) the sugar and butter until light and fluffy, then add the lime juice and incorporate.
6) Lower the mixer speed to minimum and slowly add the flour, baking powder, and salt. Blend for a minute, stop the mixer, scrape down the sides and bottom, then blend until all the flour has been incorporated.
7) In the mixer, add the coconut, macadamia nuts, and papaya and mix for another 20-30 seconds.
8) Allow the cookie dough to rest in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
9) Lay parchment paper on an oven tray and scoop 12 balls leaving space between them.
10) Bake for 13-24 minutes until the cookies are golden brown around the edges.