- 6 passion fruits
- 1/2 cup water (can be replaced with orange juice)
- 1 pint whipped cream
- 1 can condensed milk
- Blend the cream at mid speed until it starts to become harder. You can also do this by hand with a whisk in a bowl. Don’t over blend/whisk or else the cream will break.
- To remove the seeds from the passion fruit, cut them in halves, remove the pulp with seeds and put them in a blender.
- With ½ a cup of water or juice, turn the blender on at the minimum speed for a minimum of 5 seconds and go to medium speed for another 5 seconds.
- Strain the juice and discard the seeds. You might need to repeat this action.
- Whisk the passion fruit juice with the condensed milk until they are smooth.
- Add the cream and fold* together.
- Serve in a cup or bowl, and enjoy!
*To fold, in pastry vocabulary, means to very carefully combine two mixtures of different thickness into one. The way to do this correctly is with a rubber spatula and slowly turning in a bowl one over the other from the outside to the inside.
Enjoy the taste of Homegrown! If you tried this recipe, let us know by sharing a photo or video of your finished product on Instagram or Facebook and tagging us @JCTropicals.