Sugarcane Shrimp Skewers
Savory-sweet and fragrant, these skewers are perfect for the ultimate party nosh.
- 12 shrimp 16/20 (peeled and deveined)
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp minced garlic
- Minced habanero chile (substitute jalapeño for a milder taste)
- 24 two-inch pineapple chunks
- 12 eight-inch sugarcane skewers
- Using the sugarcane, make a few skewers.
- Peel and dice mango into large chunks.
- Combine shrimp and mango to a bowl. Add soy sauce, salt, pepper, minced garlic, lemon juice, and minced habanero.
- Stir and let it sit for a few minutes.
- Skewer alternating the shrimp and pineapple.
- Place in baking sheet and into the oven.
- Broil for 5 minutes on each side or until golden brown, and enjoy!
Cook with us
Follow our step-by-step video to learn how to make this tropical-inspired recipe yourself.