1 pc mango
1 inch pc ginger
1/2 pc chayote
1/4 pc mamey
1 Tbsp. sugar
6 pcs rambutan
1 Tbsp. shredded coconut
4 cups whole milk
1 cup long grain white rice
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup sugar
1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
1) Peel and cut the mango, mamey and chayote in small cubes.
2) In a small saucepan, add the mango, mamey, chayote and sugar. Heat over medium heat until it starts to lightly bubble. Cook for 8-10 minutes until fruit is softened and is saucy. Transfer to a container and allow to come to room temperature, and then refrigerate.
3) In a clean dry pan, add the coconut over low heat. Toast, stirring often until evenly golden brown. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
4) Add the milk, rice, sugar, salt and vanilla to saucepan and cook over high heat and stir. Bring to a simmer and reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and cook for 20 minutes stirring frequently to prevent the rice from sticking to the bottom of the pan and clumping together.
5) Peel the ginger.
6) Transfer 1/2 of the rice to a bowl, add the fruits and grate the ginger on top. Then stir and cover with plastic wrap placed directly onto the pudding so a skin does not form.
Refrigerate along with the cooled fruit for 1 to 2 hours.
7) Add 1/2 cup of to the remaining rice and cook for another 5 minutes at low heat. Blend it and add to the rest of the rice and fruits and enjoy!