This recipe will keep the soul of the classic stuffing while adding sweetness and vitamins.
1 pc chayote
6 oz. golden berries
1/4 pc papaya
1 pc mango
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
2 leaves culantro
1/2 Tbsp. salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
2 Tbsp. olive oil
2 cloves garlic
2 Tbsp. butter stick
1) Cut the butter into cubes and keep in refrigerator until needed.
2) Peel and cut chayote, mango and papaya in Brunoise (small cubes).
3) Chop culantro and garlic and cut golden berries into quarters.
4) In a hot sautee pan, add olive oil. When hot, add mango, chayote, papaya and garlic. Sautee for 1 minute.
5) Add golden berries and breadcrumbs. Sautee for another 1-2 minutes.
6) Remove pan from heat and add the cold butter and salt.
7) Place in an oven safe serving plate and finish in oven at 350F for 5 minutes and enjoy!