Yuca Croque Madame
Oh la-la!! A French classic meets Latin American Roots. The best part, once you make the yuca ‘bread’ you can leave it to your imagination to run wild.
1 Pc Yuca
1 Tbsp Salt
1 tsp Black Pepper
1/2 Pc Avocado
4 Slices Honey Baked Ham
4 Slices Gruyere Cheese
3 Tbsp Olive Oil
1/4 Cup Heavy Cream
1) Peel the yuca and shred with a cheese grater, add the salt and pepper, mix and squeeze the water out.
2) Pre-heat the olive oil in a non-stick pan.
3) Make 1/4 inch thick and 3-Inch wide pieces and sear in the olive oil on both sides until golden brown.
4) In a small pot, bring the cream to almost boiling and remove from the heat. Add the Gruyere cheese and combine.
5) Pre-heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a non-stick pan, crack the egg and fry until ready.
6) Cut the avocado, remove the pit, peel and slice.
7) Serve the yuca hash, add the avocado, the ham, the gruyere cream and top with the egg.