Yuca Hashbrown with Spicy Syrup
Imagine what you love about hash browns and now bring it up to the next level. Crispier, tastier, and with Vitamin C and antioxidants that the body needs to get through the cold weather.
1 Pc Yuca
1 Tbsp Salt
1 Tsp Garlic Powder
1 Tsp Cornstarch
1 Tsp Black Pepper
3 Tbsp Olive Oil
1/2 Pc Habanero Pepper
3 Tbsp Maple Syrup
1) Cut in half and remove the seeds from the Peppers. Chop very small and mix with the maple syrup. Allow it to rest at least half hour.
2) Peel the yuca and shred with a cheese grater into a bowl.
3) Add the salt, garlic powder, black pepper and cornstarch to a bowl and mix.
4) You need to make sure to drain as much water as possible either with a strainer or just by pressing with your hands.
5) Pre-heat the oil in a pan until medium hot. Take a spoon full of yuca mix and flatten into the pan. Cook for approximately 5 minutes flipping every 30 seconds.