Fairytale Pumpkin Pie
Store-bought pie will never taste better than a filling made from scratch. Spices and rich flavors make this harmonious melody practically sing in your mouth. Top with whipped cream for this guilty pleasure!
- 2 cups of pumpkin purée from a Fairytale pumpkin
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream or one 12 oz can of evaporated milk
- ½ cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 eggs + the yolk of a third egg, at room temperature
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- ½ tsp of lemon zest
- Premade pie crust
- Whipped cream, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 425 °F.
- Mix the sugars, salt, and spices, and lemon zest in a large mixing bowl.
- Beat the eggs and add to the mixing bowl.
- Stir in the fairytale pumpkin purée, then heavy cream or evaporated milk.
- Whisk all together until well incorporated.
- Pour into a pie shell and bake at 425 °F for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, reduce the temperature to 350 °F.
- Bake 40-50 minutes, or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack for 2 hours. Serve immediately or let sit overnight in the refrigerator to serve the next day.