Flan is an after-dinner favorite. Conquer your sweet tooth with a J&C twist to this rich, creamy dessert with our fresh coconut for a Caribbean flair.
Serving8 to 10 people
Time1 hr 40 mins
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup of caramel sauce
- 3 (14 oz) cans of sweetened condensed milk
- 14 oz can of unsweetened coconut milk
- 12 oz can evaporated milk
- 6 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut, toasted
- Preheat your oven to 350 °F.
- Spray a Bundt cake or tube pan with vegetable oil cooking spray.
- Drizzle caramel sauce onto the prepared pan and be sure to coat the bottom and sides. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the milks, eggs, vanilla extract, and salt with a mixer. Pour into the pan.
- Place your pan inside a larger roasting pan and fill the roasting pan with water about halfway. Cover the Bundt pan with aluminum foil and place into the center rack of the oven.
- Bake your flan for about one hour and 40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 30 minutes. After this, keep it covered and refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight if possible.
- Carefully turn the flan upside down to set onto a platter. Top with toasted coconut and you’re ready to enjoy!