- 1 white dragon fruit
- 1 mango
- 2 tsp. unflavored gelatin
- 3 Tbsp., water
- 1 1/3 cups (1/2 pint) heavy cream, cold
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- Bloom* the gelatin in the water in a cup and reserve at room temperature.
- Peel the dragon fruit and mango. Then, cut 1/4 of each fruit into cubes and reserve the rest for garnish.
- Place in a blender, add the condensed milk, then blend the remaining dragon fruit and mango at medium to high speed.
- Whip the heavy cream until smooth and fold** with the fruit mixture in a bowl.
- Melt the gelatin in a microwave for 30-40 seconds.
- Add 2 Tbsp of the fruit cream mix in gelatin. Then mix them together and pour back into the fruit mixture with the rest of the mousse.
- Serve in a glass and garnish with remaining fruit.
*To prepare the gelatin; put warm to hot water in a mug or cup and slowly add the gelatin powder while stirring until it’s all mixed. Leave at room temperature until it becomes translucent and the granules have completely dissolved.
**To fold, in pastry vocabulary, means to very carefully combine two mixtures of different thickness into one. The way to do this correctly is with a rubber spatula and slowly turning in a bowl one over the other from the outside to the inside.