- 145gr unsalted butter
- 150gr brown sugar
- 200gr molasses
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 438gr all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp. ginger
- 1 tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- In a large serving bowl, whisk together the butter and the brown sugar.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, salt, ginger, and cinnamon until blended smoothly.
- Whisk together all the ingredients until the mix is thick, sticky, and doughy.
- Divide the dough in half and wrap both pieces in their own plastic wrap. Let them chill for 3 hours.
- On a floured surface, flatten the dough and then cut them into your desired gingerbread shape.
- In a preheated oven (350 F), bake the cookies for 10 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool completely, then decorate them as desired.
Enjoy! If you tried this recipe, let us know by sharing a photo or video of your finished product on Instagram or Facebook and tagging us @JCTropicals.