Golden Berry Cocktail
If a cocktail has fruit in it that means it’s healthy, of course. Make this refreshing cocktail a mocktail for all by simply not adding alcohol. Or add a little more alcohol if you’re in the mood for booze.
- 2 oz gin
- 1 oz golden berry syrup
- Juice of 1 lime
- 3 oz tonic water
- Lime slice, for garnish
- 1 cup goldenberries, peeled
- ½ cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- In a shaker, combine lime juice, syrup, and gin for about 30 seconds.
- Shake well over ice.
- Strain liquid into a glass and top with tonic water.
- Garnish with lime slice and golden berry.
- Using a blender, puree the goldenberries and water.
- Strain the mixture through a cheesecloth. You should be left with approximately 1 cup of liquid.
- Combine the puree and sugar in a small saucepan. Heat on low until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Allow syrup to cool, store in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.