- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla essence
- 2 cups golden berries
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- 1/4 cup grated chocolate
- 1 pastry for a 9″ double crust pie
- Cut the golden berries in half.
- Add into a mixing bowl.
- Add chopped almonds, sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg & evaporated milk.
- Mix well.
- Place mix inside pie crust plate.
- Cover with top crust & crimp edge.
- Cut a few slits to allow the steam to escape during baking.
- Pre-heat oven to 375 for 20 minutes.
- Place pie in oven for 20-25 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- Cool on wire rack until ready.
- Cut and serve.
- Top with grated chocolate.
Enjoy the taste of Homegrown! If you tried this recipe, let us know by sharing a photo or video of your finished product on Instagram or Facebook and tagging us @JCTropicals.