Guacamole Dip with Chayote
It’s okay guac, we’re extra, too. That’s why we’ve come up with an innovative take on this snack classic with our secret ingredient: Chayote. Chayote is a squash with a mild, slightly sweet flavor. Mixed with our homegrown avocados, you’ve got yourself more guacamole for all to share!
- 1 chayote
- 1 avocado
- 1 tomato
- ½ onion
- 1 tsp hot pepper sauce
- cheddar cheese
- tortilla chips
- Add diced chayote to a mixing bowl.
- Add diced avocado, tomato, onion, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Drizzle with hot pepper sauce.
- Add chopped up cilantro.
- Smash the ingredients together with a steel wire masher or pestle.
- Prepare to serve and top with cilantro and cheddar cheese.
- Dip in your tortilla chips!
Snack Differently with this Innovative Twist
Follow our step-by-step video to learn how to make this tropical-inspired recipe yourself.