Spicy Aji Cachucha Margarita
Feeling spicy! Peppers aren’t only for cooking. Make a fiery margarita with our mixology recipe using aji cachucha—a small, mild pepper used in many traditional Caribbean dishes.
- 4 oz tequila
- 2 oz triple sec
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 Tbsp agave syrup
- 2 aji cahucha peppers, more to garnish
- Ice cubes
- Pour salt onto a serving plate.
- Moisten the rim of your margarita glasses and dip into the salt. Fill with ice and set aside.
- Seed and dice the aji cahucha peppers.
- Pour tequila, triple sec, lime juice, agave syrup, and the diced aji cahucha peppers into a cocktail shaker over ice.
- Cover and shake until your shaker has frosted.
- Strain mixture into the margarita glasses and garnish with lime slices and aji peppers.