- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 sweet potatoes, cubed
- ½ red onion
- 1 small eggplant, cubed
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tbsp minced fresh ginger root
- 2 tsp ground turmeric
- ½ cup low-sodium chicken broth
- Chop your red onion and set aside.
- Over medium-high heat, heat up your oil in a large skillet.
- Add chicken and cook until the pink centers become browned. This will take about 5 minutes.
- Add sweet potatoes and onion. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add eggplant, garlic, ginger, and turmeric. Cook for about 1 more minute.
- Add your broth and simmer while occasionally stirring. The stew will begin to thicken after 20 minutes.