- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp ground turmeric
- 1 cube chicken bouillon
- ¾ cup frozen mixed peas and carrots
- 1 cup white rice, rinsed
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the chopped onion.
- Cook while stirring for about 5 minutes (or until golden).
- Add water, turmeric, and bouillon cube. Stir very well.
- Add peas and carrots and then bring it to a boil.
- Gently stir in your rice. Then, reduce the heat.
- Cover your saucepan and cook until the liquid has been absorbed by the rice. This should take around 15 minutes.