Guava was brought to Florida during the mid-1800s and has been a household staple ever since. While commonly sold as a thick paste and made into pastelitos and other sweet desserts, fresh red guava is a delicious, deep pink or red fleshed fruit with a sweet, tropical flavor. From beverages to sauces, even eating these like you would an apple for your daily snack, red guava is a versatile fruit that can conquer any sweet tooth.
J&C Tropicals carries red and Thai guava fruit.
- Cut whole guava into slices by cutting off the ends and peeling the skin.
- Remove the seeds with a spoon to toss into a fruit or leafy salad.
- Process or blend to create a sweet sauce for a topping to an entrée.
- Make jam to add to toast as a spread.
- Use for decadent desserts or smoothies.
Unripe guava will last approximately a week in room temperature. 1-2 days if ripe. Within a sealed bag in the fridge, ripened guava will last for 4-5 days.
South Florida and Mexico
- High in Vitamin A and potassium and a good source of copper and manganese
- 2-4x more vitamin C than a citrus fruit
- Great source of antioxidant Vitamin C and immune-supporting benefits
- Known to help with regular digestion
Naturally Cholesterol Free
Naturally Low Sodium
Excellent source of Vitamin A, Vitamin C, and folate
Trending right now
Exotic is exciting… try one of these unique products for an inspiring new food experience.