Young coconut is one of the most important fruits within the tropics because of its potassium and mineral-rich water. These coconuts have thinner husks, making them easier to handle and cut into, and their interiors are filled with coconut water and gelatinous meat. Drink the coconut water straight or seasoned in a variety of ways. The meat may also be eaten as a snack.
- Hold your coconut steady as you strike hard enough to crack open the inner shell of the coconut.
- Cut three more times in order to create a square at the top of your coconut.
- Open the “lid” using the corner of the blade.
- Drink the water with a straw or funnel into a glass.
Always store young coconuts in the refrigerator as they will keep the longest. The product shelf life is 2-3 weeks after purchasing.
Thailand and Mexico
- Some key nutrients to highlight are lauric acid, chloride and iron
- Important electrolytes such as potassium, magnesium, calcium, sodium and phosphorous that help with hydration and anti-inflammatory activity
Trending right now
Exotic is exciting… try one of these unique products for an inspiring new food experience.