Tropical peppers, also known as habanero peppers, are a hot variety of chili pepper. While eating habanero peppers might make you break out a sweat, they may also support healthy blood pressure levels. Legend has it, they’re 76x hotter than an average jalapeño. Despite this, tropical peppers retain a sweet, yet savory flavor that complement a variety of dishes. The fully mature red habanero will be sweeter and offers a fruitier flavor than the green variety.
J&C Tropicals carries green and red habanero pepper varieties.
- Wear gloves when cooking with habaneros.
- To reduce the heat, we recommend removing seeds before using.
- Chop to cook into jams or entrees.
- Blend into a food processor as the ultimate ingredient for aji or hot sauce.
Store in a paper bag for up to 1 week in the fridge. To prep for the freezer, chop or slice, then place into airtight containers or feezer bags for 10-12 months.
- Supports healthy cholesterol levels
- Contains a high concentration of Vitamin C
Serving Size: 1 pepper (45g)
Trending right now
Exotic is exciting… try one of these unique products for an inspiring new food experience.