Avocados are the new wave in tropical fruit. Compared to Hass variety avocados, Tropical Avocados are 3x bigger, bright green, and have smooth, shiny skin. The flavor is rich and nutty—a great addition to raw and cooked applications. Avocados do not soften on the tree, but rather they must reach full maturity before being picked to develop full flavor. They don’t brown upon opening and are lower in fat with a lower calorie count. Plus, you’ll have enough for the whole family to enjoy.
- Best suited for slicing or cubing as their firm flesh holds its shape well.
- Remove the pit for ease of use.
- Add to salads, sandwiches, and bowls as a topping or main ingredient.
Typical shelf life is 3-4 days and 7-10 days in the fridge. The fruit is ripe when it softens to the touch. It should be ripened at room temperature and then refrigerated afterward.
Avocado seasonality in Florida is from June to February and in the Dominican Republic from October to May.
Dominican Republic and Florida
- Have 60% more potassium than bananas per serving
- Excellent source of dietary fiber
- Florida avocados are known to be lower in fat than avocados from other regions.
Good Source of Fiber
Provides over 12 grams of monounsaturated fats
Trending right now
Exotic is exciting… try one of these unique products for an inspiring new food experience.