You’ve probably seen ginger listed in a variety of healthy juices and it’s no secret that this mighty root is the real deal. From teas to exotic dishes, the sharp, spicy taste of ginger is enough to bring a comforting warmth to the body. We root for ginger because it’s among the healthiest (and most delicious) roots on the planet. Also known as Shoga, this flowering plant originated in Southeast Asia and has multiple variations that are often added to foods and even cosmetics. In the Middle East, ginger root is used for its medicinal properties.
- Use a vegetable peeler to remove skin.
- Mince for your daily dose of detox tea.
- Slice to infuse with water and lemon for a refreshing drink.
- Incorprate into sweet desserts or dishes.
Store whole ginger in your fridge for up to 1 week. Preserve peeled or cut ginger in a sealed bag or freeze for indefinite use.
Costa Rica – Grows year-round but the peak season is September – May
Brazil: Peak season is from May to February
Peru: Peak season is from May to October
Honduras: Peak season is from October to March
Costa Rica, Brazil, Peru, and Honduras
- Has a compound, gingerol, that has a very long history of use in various forms of traditional and alternative medicine
- Ginger has been used to support digestion and the immune system
Serving Size: 5 slices (11g)
Naturally Cholesterol Free
Naturally Low Sodium
Trending right now
Exotic is exciting… try one of these unique products for an inspiring new food experience.