This small fruit packs a punch of sweet, fragrant flavor. Much like a rambutan, lychees have a unique outer “shell” with an opaque, almost grape-like white flesh that bears a seed. Also known as “alligator strawberry” for its spiked skin, young Lychees are green and once mature they will become blushed with pink, then bright red. The taste is acidic and sweet with floral notes, comparable to a grape. Lychee is related to the longan fruit, but the difference lies in the flavor as lychee is much sweeter in comparison.
- Grab the stem and peel away the skin over a bowl using your fingers.
- Gently remove the inner seed.
- Eat on its own or add to fruit salads, cocktails, juices, and more.
Try to eat as quickly as possible upon purchase. Store in a sealed bag or open container for 2-3 days. Can be refrigerated for up to 1 week.
May and June
South Florida, Mexico, and Vietnam
- Full of Vitamin C antioxidants
- Potent power to support your immune system while keeping your skin healthy with Vitamin C
- High water content keeps you hydrated during those long days under the sun
- Naturally Low Fat
- Similar nutritional value to the longan fruit
Trending right now
Exotic is exciting… try one of these unique products for an inspiring new food experience.