Guava was brought to Florida during the mid-1800s and has been a household staple ever since. While commonly sold as a thick paste and made into pastelitos and other sweet desserts, fresh red guava is a delicious, deep pink or red fleshed fruit with a sweet, tropical flavor. From beverages to sauces, even eating these like an apple for your daily snack, red guava is a versatile fruit that can conquer any sweet tooth.
J&C Tropicals carries red and Thai guava fruit.
- Cut whole guava into slices by cutting off the ends and peeling the skin.
- Remove the seeds with a spoon to toss into a fruit or leafy salad.
- Process or blend to create a sweet sauce for a topping to an entrée.
- Make jam to add to toast as a spread.
- Use for decadent desserts or smoothies.
Unripe guava will last approximately a week at room temperature or 1-2 days if ripe. Within a sealed bag in the fridge, ripened guava will last for 4-5 days.
South Florida and Mexico
- High in Vitamin A and potassium and a good source of copper and manganese
- 2-4 times more vitamin C than a citrus fruit
- Great source of antioxidant Vitamin C and immune-supporting benefits
- Known to help with regular digestion
Serving Size: 1 cup (165g)
Excellent source of Vitamin A, Vitamin C, and folate
Trending right now
Exotic is exciting… try one of these unique products for an inspiring new food experience.