With a deliciously rich and sweet flavor profile, mangoes are stone fruits commonly enjoyed around the world. Unripe mangos have a certain exterior firmness and a fairly consistent green skin color. Ripe mangos are fiery and very colorful, displaying green-to-yellow hues with accents of red. The exterior of ripe mangos should give slightly when pressed and exude a fragrant scent of the tropics. Inside, mangos yield a soft, juicy pulp that is delectable and refreshing, especially to cool down on warm days.
J&C Tropicals carries Tommy, Kent, Kiett, Francine, Palmer, Mingolo, Ataulfo, Hadens, Baby and Green varietals.
- Cut vertically into the mango to get 3 pieces with the center piece containing the pit.
- Take a mango half and make lengthwise crosswise cuts without cutting into the peel.
- Invert the mango half for the cubed pieces to stick out.
- Cut or peel these cubes away.
- Cut the pit away from the middle slice and extract the extra mango from around the pit.
- Enjoy this ready-to-eat fruit that can also be made into milkshakes, ice creams, smoothies, and fruit bars.
Store ripe, peeled, and cubed mango in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 6 months.
Peru: December – February
Costa Rica: March – April
Guatemala: January – March
Mexico: March – September
Brazil: September – November
Ecuador: October – January
Dominican Republic: February – August
Haiti: March – September
Around the world in tropical and sub-tropical climates. Our mangos are sourced from Peru, Costa Rico, Guatemala, Mexico, Brazil, Ecuador, Dominican Republic, and Haiti.
- Excellent source of Vitamin C and a good source of folate
Serving Size: 3/4 cup pieces (124g)
Mangoes are a good source of folate and an excellent source of Vitamin C.
Trending right now
Exotic is exciting… try one of these unique products for an inspiring new food experience.