Crack open a dry coconut for the sweet taste of the tropics. The milk within this coconut hardens as it matures and becomes the copra, or meat, of the coconut. When you first crack the coconut, the moisture content of the meat is about 50%, and it contains approximately 30-40% oil. After being dried by heat or the sun, the moisture content gets lower, and the oil content increases. Dry coconut is a nutritious and delicious snack or garnish for any exotic meal.
- To open, poke into the coconut with a sharp knife.
- Drain the milk before breaking the husk.
- You can remove the meat with a spoon if it’s soft enough or use a knife if it’s firm.
- Cut the meat into cubes, slice, or grate to add to an endless amount of sweet or savory dishes.
- Blend shredded dry coconut with hot water and remove pulp over a cheesecloth for homemade coconut milk.
Dry coconut has a longer shelf life than fresh coconut and can be sealed and refrigerated for up to 6 months once opened.
Our coconuts are sourced from Mexico, Guyana, Dominican Republic, and Costa Rica.
- Naturally no cholesterol
- High levels of manganese and other minerals are known to be beneficial for healthy connective tissues like skin and bones
- May support brain function
Serving Size: 1oz (28g)
Even though Coconuts are high in saturated fats, they are an excellent source of manganese and copper and a good source of other minerals
Trending right now
Exotic is exciting… try one of these unique products for an inspiring new food experience.